Sunday, July 14, 2019

Housatonic River (April 2019)


Passover is always a busy time in the Glass household.  With so many cooks in the kitchen, it's often courteous to take the morning off for a bit of striper fishing.  After flying in late to Hartford and shutting my eyes for a few hours, I woke up in the still-dark morning and hitched a ride to the river with my brother-in-law and fellow striper fisherman.

I had heard good things about the Housatonic River, but had never actually fished it.  In short, it was one of the most action-packed days of striper fishing I've ever had.  We weren't catching monsters, but we were catching feeling nearly every cast, and could watch them chase our plastic lures to the boat.  We had fun doubling and tripling up on fish.  Then in was off to Seder!











No comments:

Post a Comment